Saturday, July 31, 2010

Trash the Dress?

So while watching one of my very classy shows - Jerseylicious - there was an episode where they do a "Trash the dress" photo shoot for a bride.

"Trash the dress" is a service that The Glam Fairy and her crew provide where they glam up a new bride and help destroy her wedding dress while capturing it in artistic images. They say that since brides only get to wear their dress once, it gives them the opportunity to wear it again! In the episode I watched they 'spill' fondue chocolate all over it with the help of little kids, but they also do things such as set it on fire, swim in the ocean, etc.

Even though the images were actually beautiful...I don't know if I could ever bring myself to destroy my wedding dress...it is way to beautiful and sentimental...I don't mind it sitting in the back of my closet for the rest of my life! lol. Speaking of- I should probably get it preserved next time I'm in Boston!

2 comments:

  1. From a strictly symbolic stance, I would never, ever destroy my dress, the dress being white symbolizes a bride's purity and you wear it to a wedding so it may also symbolize the marriage. Why would you want to symbolically destroy those things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does a bride have to be "pure"? A wedding is about legalising your commitment, not legalising that your partner is pure. In modern day, the dress is just to make you look pretty if only for 1 day in your life. Yes, you could say it 'symbolises' marriage, but marriage is about being together having fun, having adventures, loving each other and life. So how does hanging a dress in the back of your closet symbolise that?? Shouldnt you hang it in a frame on your lounge room wall or something? So to symbolise being married, having fun and adventures, what better way to show that, than doing it IN THE DRESS!

    ReplyDelete