Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Part 3: Getting Ready!

I was awoken from my 'light sleep' around 5am with my Dad taking a picture of me haha. I tried closing my eyes for a little bit more, but I knew it was hopeless. I ended up lounging around, showered, and then headed up to the Spa to visit with everyone. Our appointments started really early because we had 2 moms, 2 grandmothers, 8 bridesmaids, and a bride for hair (a total of 13 people needing updos..yikes!) and also 9 makeup appointments.

It was such a nice, relaxing morning. We had a breakfast cart and mimosas brought into the spa which was a lot of fun and yummy! It was also soo cute to have everyone in their matching robes that I got them! Everyone, including me, was so peaceful and calm, it was a fun girly morning :) Since it was Emily's birthday she got a massage haha. The weather outside did not look promising AT ALL. It was soo dark and gloomy, and it looked like it was about to downpour at any moment...but what really brightened my morning was that Jeff sent me gorgeous pink roses which was soo sweet. He also sent an arrangement to Emily, my Mom, his Mom, and his sister! He's the sweetest most thoughtful guy I have ever met! :)

At 10:30 it as time for my hair appointment. Even with the hair trial, I was still really nervous about my up-do. I've had numerous bad experiences getting my hair done for events such as prom, it never quite turned out as I wanted it to...and what made me even more nervous was my updo at my trial was soo gorgeous and exactly what I wanted, so how could my stylist, Hunter, recreate that?? Well to my relief, Hunter did amazing work again. It was even better then my hair trial...not exactly the same, but I still loved it! Sonya my makeup artist, who I love, also did amazing work. It wasn't exactly like my trial, it ended up being more natural, like I wanted, but I still felt beautiful :)

I felt like a celebrity the entire morning, I had many visitors all morning to see how I was doing, and our photographers were filming and shooting all around me. I think when I was sitting in the styling chair, and I had all my bridesmaids around me, the photographers snapping pictures, I think it finally hit me...I was getting married in a few hours...I remember not being nervous at all. I was in a state of peacefulness. The only thing I was nervous about was crying..and ruining my makeup lol.u

Emily and I were the last ones to be done with our appointments. While we were finishing up the rest of the bridesmaids went to get dressed. With a few finishing touches, Hunter put my veil on. At that moment I was able to look at myself in the mirror with my hair and makeup done...with my veil on...it was defintley an OMG moment. With everything running exactly on schedule (YAY!), Emily and I made our way back to my parents suite to get dressed, and where the rest of the bridesmaids were waiting.

It was so much fun to walk into the suite and see all my beautiful bridesmaids in their gorgeous pink dresses, and hear their 'ous and aws.' I knew the big moment of putting my WEDDING DRESS on was soon, so I peed probably five times and announced I was ready. Emily and my Mom helped me step into my wedding dress, and Emily zipped me up. Then Emily helped me put on my pretty shoes and my garters (yes garters..one for me and one to throw!). I then put on all my accessories, my GORGEOUS Mikimoto pearl and diamond earrings, MJ's beautiful pearl bracelet (my something borrowed), and with a few squirts of my 'wedding scent' Vera Wang Princess I was ready to go! Sonya came down to do a quick lip touch up and make sure my makeup and hair was good to go and nothing moved after I put my dress on. I remember feeling like I was having an out-of-body experience. I really felt beautiful, and like the bride I have always dreamed of.

I made my way back out into the living room of the suite to where my bridesmaids were awaiting. I couldn't look any of them in the face because I didn't want to tear up. I took a final look at myself, grabbed my GOREGOUS bouquet, and said "Ok lets do this!"

We all made our way out to the hotel lobby to take a few bridesmaid pictures and a few parent pictures. We were greeted by Carrie, my wedding planner, who looked at me and started crying, which obviously caused a domino effect, my Mom, and then me...I walked around and 'dabbed' my eyes before any real tears formed lol. But that really meant a lot to me. Carrie was such an amazing wedding planner, and we formed such an amazing relationship, I could see why it was emotional for her! There was also soo many of my family also waiting in the lobby, I couldn't look at them either, because they were so emotional too!

After we took pictures we all got into our assigned cars and headed over to the church! My Memere & Pepere and Omie were in one car, the Benders and Grandma M and Grandma B were in one car, my Mom, Grandpa, and Debby were in one car, the bridesmaids were in the limo, and my Dad and I were in another car (The groomsmen took an SUV limo over to the church earlier). I'm not sure if I posted this, but my Dad and I were in our own car over to the church. When we first started talking about transportation, Carrie suggested that some brides take a private car over to the church with their fathers. I knew that I wanted this option. It would be a special time just between my Dad and I before everything happened. And it was. I actually was dreading getting into this car with my Dad. I was doing so good in the tear department all morning, and I knew that it was going to be a very hard, emotional ride with him. We got in the car, and I basically said, don't talk to me don't look at me, lets just do this haha. (I was obviously half joking..) About 5 minutes into the ride my Dad asked me if I wanted a present. And I said "no." haha. I knew that it was going to make me cry, and I was doing everything possible to not cry. He said "are you sure" and I said "yup!" He then started crying, and said "I think you should open your present, because its something I want you to have before the ceremony.." Ok huge waterworks at this time. I opened the present, and it was the most gorgeous diamond tennis bracelet. He put it on me and we were both like okk, no more crying, lets do this!

The ride over actually flew by. The weather seemed like it was holding off, I hadn't seen a raindrop yet,and in some areas it looked like the sun was trying to poke through!

We arrived at the church about 1:50. Since the church didn't have much of a lobby, I remained in the car until it was time to line up and walk down the aisle! I remember stepping out of the car, taking a deep breath, and thinking "Holy Sh*t.". As each bridesmaid began walking down the aisle, and it got closer and closer to me, I was like omg omg omg!

And then it was my turn to walk down the aisle...

No comments:

Post a Comment