Friday, July 9, 2010

Part 1 of the Wedding Weekend!

So to recap the entire wedding weekend I decided to take it day by day... if I tried to put it one post it would be WAY to long. This way it breaks it up a bit :)

Thursday before the wedding the Durfees invaded Stowe. My parents and Lilly left early so my Dad could play golf, Andrew & Morgan came up from Boston and then picked up Emily on the way, Matthew came from Burlington, and then Jeff and I left early afternoon. On the way Jeff and I made a few important stops such as purchase a new camera for our mini-moon and Jeff needed new sunglasses. One of our other important stops was we had to pick up all the tuxes. We got a call on Wednesday saying "ALL" of the tuxes were in the shop and were ready to be picked up. WELLL...when we got there ALL the tuxes were there EXCEPT Jeff's....Um....the most important tux? Mini panic attack. How could they not notice that the GROOM'S tux was not there...therefore it obviously was not ready to be picked up. The manager was so nice and felt horrible, and she promised to track it down, steam it herself, and drive it up to Stowe Mountain Lodge (1.5 hour drive roundtrip) first thing Friday morning...ok nerves were settled a bit, but it was still SO frustrating. To calm ourselves down we made a much needed Starbucks trip..Jeff got his mocha and I got my iced-green tea, and then we were on our way to our fabulous resort.

When we arrived I got chills...I felt like a princess arriving to her palace and it reallyyy hit me...this is reallyyy happening! My wedding, and the day I've been dreaming of my entire life, and the day we've been planning for all year. When we pulled up to valet, they knew exactly who we were. They were SO excited that we were there. I've always been blown away with their service, but that just exceeded my already high expectations. Its like they were all versed and shown a picture of who the bride and groom were, who the direct family was, and they knew these were the people they were to pamper and fulfill their every need. They literally told us to leave the car, and they unloaded it for us and sent all our luggage to both our rooms. We were greeted in my parents suite by beautiful flowers, a hugeee snack bucket, and very sweet notes from our closest family friends. It was soo sweet of them and it made the arrival that much more exciting!

The rest of the afternoon we just relaxed in my parents amazinggg suite and we greeted the Benders when they arrived. We decided to go have one 'last' Durfee-family dinner and Jeff went to hang out and have dinner with his family.

We went to a cute little Italian restaurant down the hill from the resort. We laughed, we cried, and it was such a fun dinner. I love my family so much and it was so much fun to just joke around and tell funny random stories of when we were growing up, but it was so emotional at the same time.We all called it an early night because the boys were going golfing really early and the girls wanted to make it a spa and pool day.

I obviously barely slept though...I was way to excited of all that was to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment