Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our Mini-moon - Turks & Caicos!

Unfortunately Jeff & I were not able to attend the brunch my parents hosted the day after the wedding...because we had to catch our flight to our mini-moon!

Jeff and I were on the road at 7:30am the morning after the wedding...thankfully we were still so fueled on happiness and emotion from the day before, because otherwise we would've never made it. The Stowe Mountain Lodge gave us breakfast and coffee to go, so that also helped us get there on time! My parents saw us off, and to be honest I was a little sad driving away from SML. I knew I wouldn't be back there for awhile, and I truly missed it, and all the staff :(

HOWEVER...I got over it pretty quick because we were on our way to TURKS & CAICOS!!! Our flight was at 2:15pm out of Boston.

Our flights went smoothly and we arrived in paradise around 8pm and we were at our resort by 9pm. We were soo starving so we had our bags sent to our room and we went to a nearby restaurant, looking like homeless people lol. The restaurant ended up being veryy nice, and we didn't even care that the hostess gave us weird looks because we were so tired and hungry. After dinner we made our way back to our resort and we were so excited to see our room. Jeff was incharge of booking this trip, so I had noo idea what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to see that our room, was soo incredible with an amazing view of the ocean. Even though it was pitch black, I could see the moon light dance off the water, and I could hear the soft crash of the waves. We were greeted with a "welcome honeymoon" basket, champagne, and flowers which was soo cute. I will be honest, I was most excited to see "Mr. & Mrs. Bender" on the outside of the envelope haha. It was soo crazy that we were actually married...and on our 'honeymoon.' Our room was hugee. It had a furnished kitchen, a huge bathroom, living room, etc. It was perfect!

We spent our days soaking up the sun, reading and laying on the beach, and perhaps enjoying a few tropical drinks. The resort was so incredible and the beach was one of the nicest beaches I have ever been to. It was so beautiful, with turquoise water and silky white sand. It was also so pristine and quiet. At times, Jeff and I were the only people out there! Granted it was off-season, but it was so nice to be on a 'private' quiet beach all to ourselves. It was seriously the definition of COMPLETE relaxation. Jeff got pretty crispy on the first day, big surprise haha, so he spent most of his time hidden from the sun. We signed up for a few excursions such as a sunset cruise, however all of them were cancelled due to lack of interest, we weren't that heart broken because we really didn't mind just relaxing and doing NOTHING for once in our hectic lives!

One of our favorite parts of the trip was the FOOD. Every meal we had was AMAZING. My name is probably on the world's top 10 pickiest eaters list, so for me to say the food was amazing...it was amazingg!! I am always weary of food when I travel to other countries, but it was so refreshing and so nice to actually enjoy going out to eat! I enjoyed the food so much I was comfortable enough to try new things! I actually ordered scallops (not fried!) for dinner one night...Jeff almost fell out of his chair! (I'm a salad, chicken, pizza kind of girl!)

Something else I have to mention is the island is incredibly safe. They have basically no crime and everyone is sincerely nice and friendly. It is so safe that you actually feel comfortable to leave your resort and walk around by yourselves. This is the first Caribbean island I've felt safe enough to WALK from our resort to a restaurant and then back....at night. Obviously you always have to use common sense and your best judgement. All our meals were on the pricey side, think going to Ruth Chris or Capital Grille every night, but it was so worth it. Two of our favorite restaurants were Coco Bistro and Bay Bistro. If you ever go to Turks, then you HAVE to go to these two restaurants!

On our last night we took a walk on the moon-lit beach and popped a bottle of champagne. It was crazy to think that the last time we did this, was the night he proposed on St. Lucia. It was so much fun to reminisce and think about the past year, and how many wonderful things have changed in our lives.

Overall it was the most incredible trip. We highlyyy recommend Turks & Caicos to anyone looking to travel. We can not rave enough about it and we can not wait to go back!

We arrived safely back in Boston lateeee Friday the 11th and then back in VT around 2am. Even though it was soo late and we were soo exhausted from all the traveling, we could not wait to check out a preview from our wedding pictures that MKD had sent us. Sitting there with Jeff at 3am watching the slideshow, was such a perfect ending to the most perfect week ever. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment