Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Touch of Vermont Sweetness

One of the first (and easiest!) decisions I've made during this whole wedding planning process was my guest favors! Actually, as I start to write this post, I'm hesitant to ruin the surprise for the guests...hmm....oh well! I knew I wanted to incorporate VT somehow, so it quickly dawned on me, maple syrup! VT is known for their pure maple syrup. All those impostors such as Aunt Jermina or those other store brands are a disgrace to Vermonters! Plus, I have no idea how people are able to eat that, it's disgusting!
In the beginning of March I went home because it was Matthew's Birthday! If you are a Vermonter then you know that when the end of winter comes, not only does it bring Spring (aka mud season) it also brings sugaring season! Matthew is now a 'sugarer' himself! Since we needed a larger quantity then what he produces, we asked our friends the Aldrighetti's, who are experts, and part of 'Gilead Gold' to make ours!

Andrew, Morgan, and I were able to visit Gilead Gold's sugaring shack and watch them boil their first batch. I've seen maple syrup made a few times, but every time is as cool as the first. It's suchhh a process! I'm so excited to see them all done!

We're having Carey, from Lasso'd Moon create cute little tags for them!

I'm so excited that all my guests will be able to bring home part of Vermont's sweetness <3

No comments:

Post a Comment